Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thing 23: Thoughts on 23 things

When the opportunity came to do 23 things I just couldn't figure out how I would get it done in only 9 weeks. I have so much to do here at work and at home and no extra time to spare. I've managed to work it in, both here and at home. I'm glad we have the extra time because there were a few weeks that I couldn't work with this at all.
I"m not too good with technology and know even less. This was a good experience as I was able to work at my pace and had help from friends and coworkers when I couldn't seem to get the hang of anything. There are alot of interesting sites that I will go back to and have given to my boys thinking they might enjoy them.
Information nowadays is available in the blink of an eye, 24/7. Sometimes I feel like a kid in one of those old fashioned candy stores that I remember so well. So much to pick from, but what do I really want. With the internet it's the same basic question-- So much to pick from but where exactly to go for the most abundant and correct information. That is where I think future librarians will become more of an information navigator than a director of information. They will need to know the best specific information sites instead of every site with little information. As time goes on, I'm sure the best sites will remain but there will always be the fly by night, maybe make a buck sites always popping up.

No comments: